Translate

Sunday, July 22, 2012

The moments

I open the window, the sea breeze hits me my sweat vanishes, a chain of thoughts hit me. The sun is strong, the day is long, seconds turn to minutes, minutes to hours, hours to days, darkness looms above us, the moon our only established light. We count the stars, we lose ourselves, we make star shapes, we entertain ourselves. Music in the background, the playlist so soothing, she taps my shoulder and whispers “You’re an amazing nostalgia”. I smile at her, she does the same, for me that’s a blessing, for her a fond moment. We waddle downhill to the lake, she takes off my shirt, I take off her shorts, in no time we are naked, free like Adam and Eve. Stick our feet in the water, a feeling second to none, skinny dipping just because we can, kissing just because we can, giggling just because we can, yearning for our love, teenagers just doing what’s right. At that moment, there’s no problems, no religion to separate us, no racial factors to discourage us, just love to embrace us. She runs into the woods, I follow, for minutes I chase her, at last she stops, points down and whispers “look”. An amazing view, the image so vivid and in HD. We sit at the edge, She slides her hand down my forearm, all the way to my hand and squeezes it, time flies, in utter silence. We watch the sunrise, truly exotic, silently in our minds, we linger on the moments, moments that we will never trade, moments that will probably never occur again, moments that I will certainly never forget, a new day awaits us, a new beginning installed just for us, living every second to the maximum, leaving nothing to waste, especially the magic moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment